Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NFL Week 3 Recap

Congratulations to me on my first Fantasy Football win of the season. I'd like to take this opportunity thank a couple of people. First, I'd like to extend my highest praise to Joe Flacco for targeting my WR Anquan Boldin 11 times, and I'd like to thank Boldin for catching 8 of those passes for 142 yards and 3 TD's, that raked me in 32 fantasy points. Second, I'd like to thank Phillip Rivers for having a big statistical game against the Seahawks, he put up 28 points. Last, but definitely not least, Santana Moss was the difference maker for me this week. I decided to sit the struggling Mike Sims-Walker in favor of Moss, and it paid off, to the tune of 16 fantasy points. I beat a dear friend of mine this week, Pat Rammer, by a score of 115-107, but we all know friendships are thrown out the window when it comes to fantasy football.

Last week I went 11-5 with my picks, this week was much less successful. I went 9-7 in week 3 thanks to S.F. laying an egg, and New Orleans kicker Garrett Hartley bricking a field goal, again. You'll hear about Hartley later in this post. So my two week running total of picks is now at 20-12, not bad.

Fantasy Adjustments for week 4: I have only one guy on bye week, TE Jason Witten, so I added Oakland TE Zach Miller from waivers. I know the Raiders don't have a great offense, but I think Miller will have a decent game against the lackluster Houston defense. Other than that, I think I'm gonna leave everything the same. I'm tempted to start Shonn Greene against Buffalo because the matchup is so enticing, but, I don't feel like he will get enough touches to warrant a start over Portis or Jones-Drew. Let's now move on to the best and worst from week 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment